Milford Vlg Real Estate - Find Your Perfect Home For Sale!

Milford Vlg - Town vs. County Stats

Milford Vlg - Town vs. County Stats

Avg Price in Milford Vlg: $362,500/Co. / County Avg $505,600

36%

Avg Taxes in Milford Vlg: $2,700/Co. / County. Avg $4,500

30%

Avg Sq. Ft. in Milford Vlg: 2,012/Co. / County Avg 2,481

41%

Avg Price per/ft2 in Milford Vlg: $180/Co. / County Avg $204

88%

Avg Walkscore in Milford Vlg: 29 / County Avg 30

48%

Avg Year Built in Milford Vlg: 1981/Co. / County Avg 1979

50%

Avg Days on Website in Milford Vlg: 138/Co. / County Avg 108

64%

Milford Vlg Real Estate Market Health

New Listings
Reductions
Foreclosures
Short Sales
Milford is a village in Oakland County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 6,175 at the 2010 census. The village is located within Milford Township.

The village of Milford began with the building of a sawmill by Elizur and Stanley Ruggles in 1832. Early county records indicate that the mill was erected in the "Township" at that time, and that formal organization would occur in 1834. That same year, the first gristmill was erected by Luman Fuller. In 1835, the first post office was established with Aaron Phelps as postmaster.
The Lower Mill Pond was created in 1836 to provide waterpower for the various types of mills and factories. The Upper Mill Pond followed in 1845. In 1911, the Hubbell Pond was created by a dam built on the Huron River to generate electricity. The village was incorporated in 1869.
Hydropower made it possible for Milford to become one of the first communities to have electric lights, in 1892. A year later, telephone service was available in the Village. As a point of reference, nearby South Lyon did not have electric lights until 1932.
By 1939, Henry Ford built a carburetor plant and two hydroelectric stations intended to allow residents to maintain their agricultural work while working in the factories. The former carburetor plant was demolished in 2002. The Art Deco station still remains on Pettibone Creek in the village, and restoration work began in 2004.